Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jewelry Displays

Okay,  so there's been a little time between posts.  Mainly that's because I've been off looking for stuff secondhand.  It's remarkably time consuming but equally fun.  It's amazing what you can find when you dig in and go for it.  I've got several projects underway and I'm asking all my family and friends to turn in their great projects too so I hope this blog will give you more great ideas from more creative brains than mine.


This one is a no brainer--I think.  I only own the cheap costume-type jewelry, but that doesn't keep me from feeling like a celebrity when I pick out my accessories in the morning.  I shopped my house and a couple of garage sales and came up with some beautiful ways to display my jewelry.

I have my earrings hanging on tiered plate holders and yes, the plate holder does double duty and is used at parties for actual plates.  The other one is a tiered bowl set for fruit.  I picked up the glass bowls, dishes and a funky rotating mirror that reminds me of a disco ball at garage sales.  My bracelets, rings and pins are all displayed like pieces of art.  I used fabric left over from my curtains (when I shortened them) as the backdrop.  I have mine in an entertainment center shelf, but it would look beautiful on top of a dresser too.

No comments:

Post a Comment